I feel a little silly sometimes, because I get paid to do arts and crafts. I get to make fun little projects and I feel like I should be showing the projects to my teacher or something. Adam, who I work with is building a door for the ranch house here at Lost Valley, told Rick, our mutual boss that I knew how to do stained glass.... I did a teeny little project under the supervision of my brother a couple years ago, and it turned out all right. Rick said to go ahead and buy what I needed to do the project. So a few dollars later, I have a complete setup to create stained glass windows with little to no experience!!! The project went great until i tried to hold the piece I made into the door to see how it looked. I dropped it and the project's quality rapidly went down hill. After an hour of patching, you can hardly see the cracked piece. It ended up being a good learning experience and it looks decent enough that we have the go ahead to do the main doors of the front lodge. I had fun with it, and was able to salvage my mistake.
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Kris' Arts and Crafts Time
I feel a little silly sometimes, because I get paid to do arts and crafts. I get to make fun little projects and I feel like I should be showing the projects to my teacher or something. Adam, who I work with is building a door for the ranch house here at Lost Valley, told Rick, our mutual boss that I knew how to do stained glass.... I did a teeny little project under the supervision of my brother a couple years ago, and it turned out all right. Rick said to go ahead and buy what I needed to do the project. So a few dollars later, I have a complete setup to create stained glass windows with little to no experience!!! The project went great until i tried to hold the piece I made into the door to see how it looked. I dropped it and the project's quality rapidly went down hill. After an hour of patching, you can hardly see the cracked piece. It ended up being a good learning experience and it looks decent enough that we have the go ahead to do the main doors of the front lodge. I had fun with it, and was able to salvage my mistake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
very cool!!
Post a Comment